Veteran UK techno producer Paul Woolford has been tapped up to mix the fourth edition of The Lab compilation series.
Established in 2009 by long running label NRK to allow artists to approach the commercial mix CD in a more experimental fashion, Woolford takes his place alongside previous contributors Seth Troxler, Steve Bug and Loco Dice. Woolford has come up with a fairly wide-reaching track selection, taking in the likes of Mr Beatnick, Shed, Untold, Daniel Wang, Gemini, STL and Chez Damier across two CDs.
It’s the latest piece of exciting news from Woolford, whose stock has continued to rise following recent releases on Planet E, Hotflush, and his own Special Request imprint, which has seen the producer release some inspired pirate radio inspired techno.
NRK will release The Lab 04 mixed by Paul Woolford on 18 June 2012.
1. Rafael Anton Irisarri – Blue Tomorrows
2. Detroit Urban Gardening Ensemble – Take Root (Ashley Beedle’s Dearborn Heights Rework)
3. Lazer Sword – Batman (Lando Kal remix)
4. Mr Beatnick – Synthetes
5. Shed – The Praetorian
6. Daniel Wang – Berlin Sunrise (die Dammerung)
7. Chez Damier – Untitled
8. Hunee – A Study In Wild
9. Roman Fluegel – The Improvisor
10. Untold – Motion The Dance
11. Zakes Bantwini – Wasting My Time (Dan Ghenacia Remix)
12. Skudge – Convolution (2562 Remix)
13. Urban Culture – Wonders Of Wishing (For You)
14. Rafael Anton Irisarri – Blue Tomorrows
1. Super Collider – Darn (Cold Way O’ Lovin’)
2. STL – High Again
3. Fabio Gianelli – Grenouille
4. Trevino – Fred
5. Yasua Sato – Mirage Of The Night Sky
6. Terrence Dixon – Return Of The Speaker People (Kausto’s Sudden Aphasia Mix)
7. Château Flight – Baltringue
8. Canyons – See Blind Through (DJ Harvey Mix)
9. Gemini – Movement
10. Billy Shane – Fach
11. NB Funky – Riddim Box
12. Trevino – Tweakonomics
13. Dan Curtin – Fly By Night
14. Achterbahn D’Amour – Trance Me Up (Skudge Mix)
15. Aphex Twin – XMD5a