The 1206/07 EP includes Plessow’s previously released “Monorail” and “There’s A Truth”, but it’s the aforementioned John Roberts remix (of “Monorail”) that is exciting us most, with the Dial producer having just dropped a stunning album of crackly deep house dripping in subaquatic piano and moody atmospherics.
Although a release date hasn’t been set yet, it looks like being only the second 12″ on MCDE in 2010, following The Revenge’s immensely popular 105 BPM remake of Michael Wycoff’s “Looking Up To You”.
The EP also comes with two retro sounding cuts from the mysterious Hundred 20 (we suspect Danilo is involved with this) and a single contribution from the Creative Swing Alliance aka Pablo Valentino and Steven-J.
1. Motor City Drum Ensemble – Monorail
2. Hundred 20 – Acid
3. Hundred 20 – Summer of 89
4. Motor City Drum Ensemble – Monorail (John Roberts Remix)
5. Motor City Drum Ensemble feat. Stee Downes – There’s A Truth
6. Creative Swing Alliance – Now (Loving You)