DJ Sprinkles remix work collated on Queerification And Ruins
DJ Sprinkles returns to the compilation format for Mule Musiq, with a forthcoming collection of the Tokyo-based producer’s finest remix work.
After compiling one of this year’s best mix CDs in Where Dancefloors Stand Still, Terre Thaemlitz’ second compilation for Mule Musiq this year will be a retrospective remix package of his own work entitled Queerification And Ruins. As reported by FACT, the 14 track, double-disc package includes four previously unreleased reworks by the Comatose Recordings boss, along with plenty of his recent work under the DJ Sprinkles name, taking in commissions for Argy’s These Days label, DJ TLR’s Crème Organization, and Hardrock Striker’s Skylax imprint. Other notable remixes to feature include Sprinkles’ takes on Italian electro-disco and house duo Hard Ton, jazz fusionist and regular Henrik Schwarz collaborator Kuniyuki and Leftroom label boss Tolfrey.
The oldest remix on Queerification And Ruins comes from a 2006 Comatonse release by the enigmatic Parallax Beat Brothers entitled “Exhalation”, which clocks in at 11 minutes, while Thaemlitz also includes his equally long and dissonant Rock Bottom remix to Adultnapper’s “Low Point On High Ground” released on Simple Music in 2010.
Mule Musiq will release Queerifications & Ruins: Collected Remixes by DJ Sprinkles on June 24.
1. June – Lost Area (DJ Sprinkles’ Empty Dancefloor original version)
2. June – Lost Area (DJ Sprinkles’ Lost Dancefloor original version)
3. Hard Ton – Food Of Love (Sprinkles’ Dubberama)
4. Marco Bernardi – Klinsfrar Melode (Sprinkles’ Deeperama)
5. Hardrock Striker – Motorik Life (DJ Sprinkles’ Mountain Of Despair)
6. Corbie – Arktika (Sprinkles’ Deeperama)
7. Oh, Yoko – Seashore (Sprinkles’ Ambient Ballroom)
1. Parallax Beat Brothers – Exhalation (DJ Sprinkles’ Deep Breath mix)
2. Matt Tolfrey – Encarta (Sprinkles’ Micro Soft dub)
3. Kuniyuki – Between Shadow And Lights (Sprinkles’ Lights Out dub)
4. Ducktails – Letter Of Intent (Sprinkles’ Post Script)
5. Adultnapper – Low Point On High Ground (Rock Bottom mix)
6. Area – Bourbon Skies (St. Petersburg Three-Four Blues)
7. Jorge C. – A Little Beat (The World Is Ova megamix)