Leo Zero opens Disconnect series for Strut
The Disconnect series has been conceived to allow producers and DJs the opportunity to delve into their secret weapons, rarities and personal favourites and equally allows the listener a fascinating insight into the record collections of some highly respected musicians.
With a career as a designer, DJ and producer under a multiplicity of aliases that stretches back to the mid nineties, Leo Zero seems like a natural choice. A brief overview of his career includes a short stint in trance poppers Chicane; involvement in Soulsonic, Faith and Junior Boys Own; garnering critical acclaim for freakish cosmiche soft rock as part of A Mountain Of One; dropping some killer edits as part of Rat Salad and remixing the likes of Flo & Co, Bryan Ferry, Historics, Metronomy and Stricken City.
Ahead of Acid Life, a forthcoming album released on his own imprint that leans heavily on vintage jacking Chi town house music, Leo Zero offers an intriguing overview of his record collection on this mix. It seamlessly veers between 80s whiteboy afrobeat, post punk, reggae, Sting covers, EBM throbbers, 80s Balearic chuggers and more across 75 minutes.
Strut will release Leo Zero’s Disconnect on November 22 and it comes replete with artwork and extensive comments on the tracks included by Leo Zero himself. Head to the launch site to keep up to date with the mix.
1. Desmond & the Tutus – Kiss You On the Cheek
2. Ritual – Sore Lip
3. Kabbala – Ashewo Ara
4. The Piranhas – Vi Gela Gela
5. Essential Logic – Brute Fury
6. Basement 5 – Silicon Chip (Extended Edit)
7. The Dread Flimstone Sound – Ghetto Life
8. Wunmi – Message in a Bottle
9. Chris & Cosey – Exotica (1988 Remix)
10. Propoganda – Frozen Faces (12-inch mix)
11. Indambinigi – Zimba
12. The Unknown Cases – Masimba Bele
13. George G – Hot Lovers
14. Can – Halleluwah
15. Richy B Melodia – Keep It Moving On
16. Brian Eno & John Cale – Spinning Away
17. The Countach – My Oasis