AKG offers sound scholarship
In a welcome contrast to the slew of DJing competitions around the world, Audio equipment company AKG is offering ten talented electronic music producers and students a free spot at their summer program in Berlin.
The week long Scholarship of Sound program will see participants tutored by established audio engineers, as well as AKG staff and a handful of established DJs and producers.
Here’s what is up for grabs for the 10 finalists:
– Return flights to Berlin
– Accommodation for seven days
– AKG Sound experts learning sessions
– Tutoring sessions with acclaimed audio engineers
– Mentoring sessions with successful DJs and producers
– Workshops hosted in partnership with music technology companies
– Discovery of some of Berlin’s most famous cultural institutions
The only requirements? That you’re over 18, speak fluent English and are either an electronic music producer or are enrolled in an audio-based degree at a European college.
Applications are due by June 13, and winners will be announced on June 23.
Visit the official AKG Scholarship of Sound site to find out more about the application process.