Bonobo (aka Simon Green) has retained a close affiliation with Ninja Tune since releasing the Dial M For Monkey LP in 2003, and his soulful, highly emotive style of nu-jazz is now synonymous with the two decade old London imprint.
The 14-track Black Sands Remixed CD was put together with the curatorial help of Eglo Records label chief Alexander Nut, and includes two original tracks (“Ghost Ship” and “Brace Brace”) alongside a slew of remixes. New remixes come from three of 2011’s hottest producers: Cosmin TRG, Machinedrum and FaltyDL, as well as recent Brainfeeder signee Lapalux, the evergreen Mark Pritchard and ambient beatsmith Blue Daisy. Meanwhile Floating Points’ previously released remix of “Eyesdown”, featuring an unforgettable vocal performance from Andreya Triana, is also included.
Black Sands Remixed will be released via Ninja Tune on February 13 on CD, 3xLP and digital formats – the CD version includes a free 5″ containing Machinedrum’s remix of “Eyesdown”. A separate 12″ single will be released on January 30, coming with a FunkinEven remix of “Kiara” which does not appear on the remix album. You can also download the Machinedrum remix of “Eyesdown” for free by signing up to the Ninja Tune mailing list here.
Tracklisting – Black Sands Remixed:
1. Prelude (Lapalux’s Finger on the Tape remix)
2. The Keeper (Banks remix)
3. Kiara (Cosmin TRG remix)
4. Eyesdown (Floating Points remix)
5. Eyesdown (ARP 101 remix)
6. Eyesdown (feat. Andreya Triana & DELS)
7. All In Forms (FaltyDL remix)
8. Ghost Ship
9. Stay The Same (Mark Pritchard remix)
10. Eyesdown (Machinedrum remix)
11. All In Forms (Mike Slott remix)
12. Stay The Same (Blue Daisy ‘Not Quite The Same’ remix)
13. Brace Brace
14. Black Sands (Duke Dumont’s Grains Of Sand reconstruction edit)