Record Kicks have teamed up with Juno and SoundCloud to give you the chance to show off your production skills by remixing Ray Harris & The Fusion Experience’s “Scaramunga”.
The winner will get their work released on Record Kicks, receive a set of RK 45s, a £50 voucher from Juno plus a free premium account on SoundCloud.
- To download the parts you will need to open a free account on Juno. No payment or credit card details are required.
- Remix the track into your favourite Record Kicks style (jazz dance, nu funk, nu soul, dancefloor jazz, Jamaican flavoured, beats&breaks) according to your own taste/interpretation.
- Submit your remix as a 192kbps MP3 file to the RK SoundCloud dropbox here. All entries must include full contact details, telephone number and postal address.
- The submission phase of the remix competition starts March 29th and ends on April 30th.
- Remixes will be judged by the record label and winner will be announced online.
- The winning remix will be released on Record Kicks and the winner will receive a full pack of 10 Record Kicks 45s (or equivalent in CDs/LPs), a £50 voucher from Juno and a free SoundCloud premium account.
- Tracks using un-cleared samples from sources outside of these remix parts will be disqualified.
- All remixes submitted for this contest become the legal property of Record Kicks. Your remix contest submission becomes the legal property of the record label hosting the competition as protection against the release of unauthorized remixes.
- All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of this record, remix or remix parts is prohibited.
- Your submission of a remix in this contest automatically constitutes your agreement to these rules.