Prolific edit and DJ duo Psychemagik have curated Magik Cyrkles, a forthcoming double CD compilation and mix for Claremont 56 sister label Leng.
Supposedly based out of “The Cosmic Forest”, Psychemagik have built up a worthy reputation within the contemporary disco community since their emergence in 2009 thanks to a series of well produced and inventive edits and some well recieved remixes for the likes of Azari & III, Metronomy and The Time & Space Machine. Psychemagik’s knack for finding off the beaten track source material for their edit output is undoubtedly informed by the duo’s impressive and wide reaching record collection stockpiled from years of crate digging, and apparently they operate a nice sideline in helping to furnish everyone from Soulwax to Love Fingers via Q-Tip with some highly sought after vinyl additions.
This finely tuned skill for crate digging forms the basis of the forthcoming release for Leng, with 12 lesser spotted gems that veer “through psychedelic funk, cosmic disco, Balearica, Middle Eastern beats and beyond” licensed from their original vinyl releases and fully remastered; it also features three new and exclusive edits from the duo. Accompanied by some distinctive artwork from acclaimed designer Luke Insect, Magik Cyrkles will also be released in double LP gatefold vinyl format for those who prefer their Leng output on wax.
A brief 15-minute mix from Psychemagik of material from the forthcoming compilation is available to stream to further inform your expectations.
Leng will release Psychemagik Presents: Magik Cirkles on October 22.
1. Intrinsic Trance – Hey Policeman!
2. Sirarcusa – Streap-Tease In The Stars (The Way I Do)
3. The Bear Brothers – Love Is (Psychemagik Edit)
4. Epsilon – Ayayaya
5. KingCats – Down In California (Albion Edit)
6. Mandy B Jones – 1-2-3-4 (We Ain’t Got Much Time)
7. Miro – Safari of Love
8. Elias Rahbani & His Orchestra – From The Moon (Psychemagik Edit)
9. Ramasandiran Somusundaram – Electronic Heart
10. Raja Zahr – Drum Sequence
11. Malibu – 80’s, 80’s?
12. Goya – House At The Sea (Psychemagik Edit)