Order by phone
At the beginning of the tone parade, we cheer on another cagey Tim Caswell hybrid, which utilizes an exponential current source in a sympathetic spirit, to the through-hole, glory days circuits of ARP and Oberheim, followed in perfect sync by wave shaping circuits adapted from 2nd generation Minimoog Model D oscillator boards, and an incorporation of waveform mixing circuits pioneered by little old SE; that's us here at STUDIO ELECTRONICS! The gorgeous 100k spray on top all the way down to a boomin' sub bottom, engineer a extravagant variety of tones that would otherwise require several patch cords, and an external mixer; with a two oscillator system, 9 or 10 patch cords and an 8 input mixer would have to be tucked into your carry-on. Where then would you secret your laptop and raw almonds?
What's nice about our OSCILLATION stunner (according to Tim) "is that the waveforms are DC-coupled [components connected directly together without any coupling capacitors], so they keep their shape even at sub-Hz speeds. The outputs are also buffered, so the amplitude is independent of the load they are driving. The waveform levels on some modern Eurorack OSCs are often all different, and they vary depending if they go into the mixer or directly to the filter!" Coupling the circuitry without capacitors in-line gives the go-ahead for the full spectrum of frequencies to do their thing, and ensures near identical response over the years - audiophile, transistor-protecting signal path stuff here. You should see these beauts on the scope: a Class-A ballet of balance and proportion, only drawing modest current, rather evenly from plus and minus.
Three attenuation, and three attenuverter pots control the FREQUENCY, TUNE, PW CV IN, PUSLE WIDTH, FM CV IN, and SUB LEVEL, delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.
Switch it Up:
NORMAL and LOW RANGE - wide sweeping audio frequencies, or clicks (respectively) for creating a rhythmic pulse or sweep; SINE, TRI, SAW, SQR - your friendly waveform on and offs.
Patch it Up:
Eleven patch points: 1 V/O, FM IN, WAVE MIX, SYNC IN, PW IN, SUB OUT, SINE OUT, TRI OUT, SAW OUT, RAMP OUT, SQR OUT direct the deepest manipulation.
- Size: 16hp
- Depth: 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage: 20mA, 39mA (+12 / -12)
- Impressive 4-oscillator VCO module for your Eurorack modular synthesizer
- Two ranges of operation extend your frequency spectrum without limiting your control
- Mini toggles let you turn on and off each DC-coupled waveform (sine, triangle, sawtooth, and square)
- Ample CV I/O lets you patch frequency modulation and pulse width sources
- Dedicated knobs include a sub level control for adding in an octave-down voice
- Includes power-supply ribbon for mounting in a standard Eurorack case
|Module Type||Oscillator Module|
|Dimensions (mm)||80 x 45 x 128|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS