Order by phone
The Atmegatron Complete is a revolutionary new synthesizer that takes classic 80s Chiptune sounds and adds powerful new features.
Musicians will love it because it is quick and easy to create and manipulate amazing sounds. The Atmegatron can do everything from bright square wave leads, to dirty basses, to wild sci-fi effects.
Programmers will love it because it is built on the Arduino platform and the software is open source. This allows programmers to change or add new features and upload them to the Atmegatron.
The Atmegatron uses the Atmel 328P processor, which is also at the heart of most Arduino development boards. Audio is generated by modulating a PWM output of the processor and then filtering off the modulation frequency. The Atmegatron uses analogue circuitry in the form of a steep 3rd order Chebyshev filter to maintain the high end, while still filtering off the modulation frequency.
The Atmegtron's software uses 2 loops to create it's unique sound. One loop uses an interrupt to update the PWM output at audio frequencies. The other loop is slower and is used for everything else (MIDI input, process the wavetable, update LFOs, envelopes, arpeggiators etc). This unique synthesis method means that while the Atmegatron is clearly at home among classic Chiptune synthesizers, it also sounds highly individual.
The diagram below shows the wavetable processing chain. This is the structure of the Arduino code that is shipped in the Atmegatron, but this can be tweaked as much as the user desires and reuploaded using the Arduino development environment.
- 8-bit monophonic MIDI synthesizer
- Unique Wavetable PWM Synthesis audio engine
- Quick and intuitive controls, no complex menu systems
- Many features controllable by MIDI: mod & pitch wheels, filters, portamento and more
- 16 preset sounds that can be overwritten with your own patches
- Huge selection of waveforms and filters
- Upload your own waveforms using the included Atmegatron Librarian software
- LFO and 2 envelopes
- Advanced arpeggiator sequencer
- Unique ‘wave crusher’ effect
- Analogue bass boost for warm bass sounds
- Upload software using FTDI cable
|Maximum Polyphony (voices)||1|
|Filters||15 digital filter algorithms|
|Modulation||Filter and pitch envelope modulation, Pitch and phase LFO modulation, Filter, amplitude and pulse width LFO modulation|
|Effects||Wave crusher, phaser, distortion|
|Program memory||16 memory patches|
|General Purpose Controllers||Rotary knobs, buttons|
|Inputs||1/4" mono jack, MIDI, 6 pin programmer cable|
|Outputs||MIDI, 3.5mm headphone jack|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Gifts purchased between 30 November and 24 December may be returned by Friday 6 January 2016”.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS