The Sherman Filterbank 2 Rack Analogue Filter and Distortion Unit is rack mountable unit with an ADSR generator, an FM input, a VCA overdrive and a ring modulator. The Sherman Filterbank is a powerful analogue filter and distortion unit that is equipped with a large frequency range and strong tube overdrive characteristics.
Easy to use, this unit is suitable for use in studio processing, compatible with editing sound sources, effect mixing and expanding modular systems. With the Filterbank 2 comes five extra switches and two extra LEDs, as well one pedal input jack on the back panel. The pedal input allows foot control of freq1 and bypass/effect switching. A 3-way switch on the input stage allows Hi boost and Hi cut.
WHAT'S NEW ABOUT THE SHERMAN FILTERBANK 2:
There are 5 extra switches and 2 extra LEDs, and on the back panel there's one pedal input jack. A reworked front-panel lay-out and the grey metal colour.
- The pedal input allows foot control of freq1and bypass/effect switching. You can rewire an old wah (because they have a switch on board) as shown by te diagram in 'extra stuff'.
- 5mm big green LED indicates "Effect on" on the FB 2
- 3-way switch on the input stage allows Hi boost as well Hi cut (both boosting high frequencies at input)
- Another 3-way switch allows "Sensitrig" (which makes the triggering twice as sensitive for, e.g. clean string pad filtering) and "Limit", which leaves the filters more "breathing room" for self-oscillation if the input stage is extremely overdriven.
- 3-way switch has 2 general transpose functions: +1 Octave and + Quint which works nice with monophonic signals, and has a specific dirty character.
- 3-way switch for the really powerful and quite revolutionary "Tracking" function - a monophonic pitch follower that tunes filter 2 to the incoming pitch, and makes filter 1 slave of filter 2 via the harmonics switch. E.g. in position 2, filter 1 will be pitched one octave higher than filter 2, but still following the pitch. This extra switch activates the "tracking" in a normal or deep "track low" position, with stunning basses as result.
- The "revolutionary" aspect of this function is that never before any similar system enhances "on the spot" harmonics and creates new harmonics with fat analog circuits.
- An extra white LED indicates when the tracking system is "locked on".
- At last there is an 3-way function switch in the LFO section, allowing saw-tooth wave shape OR AR retrig : this forces an LFO restart from the AR trig with pumping grooves as unavoidable result. If you want to receive a new brochure, please ask your dealer first.
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at email@example.com