RME Fireface UCX Audio & MIDI Interface
ParcelForce, FedEx, Royal Mail
Order by phone
The RME Fireface UCX is a compact 36-channel, 192kHz USB and Firewire hybrid audio interface, incorporating Hammerfall X-Core technology, high-end converters and TotalMix FX effects engine.
Continuing the line of pristine quality X-Series interfaces, the Fireface UCX packs an incredible amount of technology into a half-rack unit. Featuring 18 ins and outs in total, 8 analogue i/o, 2 digitally controlled mic preamps, 2 instrument inputs, SPDIF, ADAT, Wordclock, 2 MIDI i/o all piped through FireWire 400 or USB 2.0 (USB 3 compatible) computer connections.
The Fireface UCX has impressive technical specifications, with 115dBA dynamic range on the analogue inputs and outputs; an excellent signal-to-noise ratio with very low distortion and jitter. Latency is negligable (0.4ms at 48 kHz), surpassing that of many, more expensive interfaces, making the UCX a serious recording tool for studio or stage. The mic preamps use technology from the RME Micstacy, ensuring flat response and supreme dynamic range, and can also provide automatic and intelligent level control to ensure distortion-free recording.
TotalMix allows for flexible DSP mixing and routing of all i/o's plus effects even at the highest sample rates. Every channel can have 3-band parametric EQ, adjustable HPF, dynamics, MS processing and phase reversal. A stereo auxiliary send gives access from any channel to the reverb and delay effects engine, allowing DSP-based mininal-latency monitoring effects. There are limitations to the total number of simultaneous effects depending on sample rate, but when the DSP load is too high, the Fireface UCX will use the FX-DSP automatic overload surveillance to inform you, or deactivate some DSP, ensuring the DSP engine is never overloaded.
As well as using RME's proprietry USB and Firewire drivers, the Fireface UCX can also be used standalone, or in Class Compliant Mode. This allows the unit to be used without a driver on several operating systems including (via the Camera Connection Kit) the iPad or iPad2, making these mobile platforms capable of studio quality audio recording.
- 36-channel, 192 kHz USB and FireWire hybrid audio interface
- 8 x analogue I/O
- 2 x digitally controlled mic preamps
- SPDIF, ADAT, Wordclock
- Very low distortion and jitter
- Latency: 0.4ms @ 48 kHz
- Flexible DSP mixing and routing
- 3-band parametric EQ, adjustable HPF, dynamics, MS processing and phase reversal on every channel
- Low Latency mastering grade converters with outstanding specifications
- A newly developed Hammerfall audio core, supporting USB and FireWire with the maximum performance and ultra-low latency operation, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance, on both bus protocols
- RME's unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox for Windows PC and Mac
- The first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple iPad, for perfect stereo up to 8 channel recording and playback, and the addition of truly professional I/Os
|Max Bit Rate (bit)||0|
|Max Sample Rate (KHz)||32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 128, 176.4, 192|
|Inputs||8 x inputs: 2 x XLR/TRS combo (balanced), 2 x TRS (balanced), 4 x TRS (balanced)|
|Outputs||8 x outputs: 6 x TRS (balanced), 2 x phones TRS (stereo)|
|Dimensions (mm)||0 x 0 x 0|
|System Requirements (PC)||Windows 7/Vista/ XP SP2 (32 & 64bit)|
|System Requirements (Mac)||Apple Mac OS X 10.5 Intel or up (Core Audio)|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at email@example.com
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS