ParcelForce, FedEx, Royal Mail
Order by phone
The Minitaur is a compact analog bass synthesizer that features a classic one knob per function layout. It is the first instrument in the Taurus family that does not have foot pedals.
The Minitaur has all the growl, snarl and body associated with the Taurus family of bass synthesizers. Moog are really excited to be able to offer this in such a compact package that is both immediately playable as an extremely versatile analog synth and also integrates seamlessly into the world of MIDI and USB control environments, says Cyril Lance, Chief Engineer of Moog Music.
The Taurus Bass Pedals enjoy a nearly 40-year history and have made a seismic impact in the music world since their introduction in the mid-Seventies. The Taurus opened up so many possibilities for me, it also opened up a whole way of looking at what I do, says Geddy Lee, of the multi-platinum band Rush.
In 2009, Moog Music released the Taurus 3 Bass Pedals, a modern reinterpretation of the classic Taurus Bass Pedals. The Taurus 3 is currently used by artists such as The Black Keys, Animal Collective, Jean Michel Jarre, Yes, Weezer, Rush and The Dave Matthews Band.
Since the inception of Moog Music, Bob Moog tested his ideas, instruments and sounds on musicians as a key part of the product development process. In keeping with this tradition, Minitaur has been presented to a broad array of producers, artists and songwriters including Geddy Lee of Rush, techno legend Derrick May, Flying Lotus, Moby, the renowned record producer Nick Raskulinecz as a part of the final product development process. The enthusiastic response from these artists marks the beginning of the next generation in the Taurus Bass Synthesizer line.
In keeping with this tradition, Minitaur has been presented to a broad array of producers, artists and songwriters including Geddy Lee of Rush, techno legend Derrick May, Flying Lotus, Moby, Holy F*ck and renowned record producer Nick Raskulinecz as a part of the final product development process. The enthusiastic response from these artists marks the beginning of the next generation in the Taurus Bass Synthesizer line.
- Analog control inputs for pitch, filter, volume and gate
- Use an EP2 or CV to connect and control MInitaur with everything from Modulars to Moogerfoogers
- DIN MIDI and MIDI over USB offer complete control of the Minitaur’s sound engine
- Midi-syncable LFO with controls for rate, VCO LFO amount and VCF LFO amount
- 2 x Minimoog style ADSR Envelope Generators for modulating VCF and VCA
- The decay and release segments are controlled by the decay knob, while the release segment is enabled or disabled via release on/off switch
- 2 x oscillators with Sawtooth (Original Taurus) and square wave-shapes for each VCO
- Recreate sounds of the original Taurus with sawtooth waves, or create new sounds with square waves or a combination of both
|Oscillators Per Voice||2 x mixer VCAs for VCO levels control of Oscillators 1 and 2|
|Filters||Moog Ladder filter with adjustable resonance, designed to deliver classic Taurus 1 and 3 bass and boom|
|Inputs||External audio input for processing external audio through the mixer and filter section of Minitaur|
|Outputs||Headphone output with 1/8" connection|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Gifts purchased between 30 November and 24 December may be returned by Friday 6 January 2016”.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS