ParcelForce, FedEx, Royal Mail
Order by phone
The Morphagene is a next generation tape and microsound music module that uses Reels, Splices and Genes to create new sounds from those that already exist. Search between the notes to find the unfound sounds.
A few of the Morphagene's most basic uses: Splice recorded audio and jumble it using ORGANIZE. Manipulate playback speed and direction with Vari-Speed. Granularize with Gene-Size and Slide. Layer or Stagger Genes using MORPH. Undertake iterative music processes by recording manipulations and overdubs into new Splices, like having two machines (one for Playback and modulations, one for Record). Process sound in real time using Time Lag Accumulation. Utilize envelope following CV OUT and EOSG Trigger to engage Morphagene in conversation with the rest of your modular system. Stretch and squash sound with Clock input.
Max Depth: 30mm
Power: 165mA @ +12V, 20mA @ -12V
***MG137 Firmware Update:
1. Improves Vari-Speed response for slow modulation rates.
2. Improves SD Card file format for more compatibility with software .wav file formats.
3. Doubles total record time per Reel.
Upgraded memory performance offers an increase from 1.45 minutes to 2.9 minutes of record time.
If you are using Splices that are over 1 minute long the SLIDE parameter will be scanning across a massive amount of material and therefore the longer the Splice the longer it will take to get to where you are Sliding toward. Imagine a tape machine shuttling forward or backward to get to your desired destination. No we cannot change this, the MG is scanning as fast as possible. This new double record time firmware will make this even more of a factor.
Read and Write times will be MUCH longer when you have a Full 2.9 minute reel. So for example, if you decided to erase a 5 second Splice in the middle of a 2.9 minute reel it will take twice as long as before because the MG must re-write the entire 2.9 minute reel. Of course all of this is happening in the background and should not cause too much hassle. Still when that SHIFT button is flashing it is best to not perform more SD Card actions.
For most granular processing Splices of 10 seconds or less are recommended.
So why even bother increasing record time to 2.9 minutes? Well it allows for storing even more Splices on a Reel and it also makes it possible to record long portions of a patch for later arranging within your DAW. You could potentially capture a patch, including modulations of a shorter Splice (say 10 seconds), retrieve the sound from the SD Card and compile into a larger work using your DAW.
4. Increased max number of Splices to 300.
- Voltage control over all sound manipulation parameters
- STEREO I/O with Auto Input Levelling
- Recording Reel can be up to 87 seconds long
- Record/create up to 99 Splices per Reel
- SD Card stores multiple Reels
- Sound On Sound allows for layering sounds
- Playback and Recording independent, like having two machines
- Vari-Speed range 12 semitones up and 26 down, over 3 octaves
- 24-bit codec, creates 48k 32bit WAV files
- Back up Reels on computer with SD Card
- Includes blank SD Card
|Dimensions (mm)||100 x 45 x 128|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Gifts purchased between 30 November and 24 December may be returned by Friday 6 January 2016”.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS