Order by phone
The Phonogene is a digital re-visioning and elaboration of the tape recorder as musical instrument. It takes its name from a little known, one of a kind instrument used by composer Pierre Schaeffer.
It is informed by the worlds of Musique Concrete where speed and direction variation were combined with creative tape splicing to pioneer new sounds, and Microsound where computers divide sound into pieces smaller then 1/10 of a second to be manipulated like sub-atomic particles.
- NEW rev. 372 firmware with Improved Algorithm
- Broken ECHO Mode for realtime processing of audio signals
- Digital audio buffer for the modular synthesist, with voltage control over every parameter
- RECord sounds on the fly
- Layer sounds using the internal Sound On Sound
- Cut sound into pieces using SPLICE
- Re-organize pieces with the ORGANIZE control, infinite variations of the original recording possible by modulating ORGANIZE parameter
- VARI-SPEED allows for speed and direction of playback to be modulated continuously with one control signal
- GENE-SIZE, GENE-SHIFT and SLIDE allow for Granularization of RECorded sound
- Firmware Engineered by Tom Erbe and Flemming Christensen
|Module Type||Looper Module|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Gifts purchased between 30 November and 24 December may be returned by Friday 6 January 2016”.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at email@example.com
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS