Order by phone
Neuron is an FM-based all-in-one drum voice module suitable for all types of electronic music. From big Autechre-style FM hits to huge digital hardcore kicks to tight x0x snare drums, Neuron can make a broad range of percussion sounds with ease.
Starting with super fast envelopes internally curved for percussion sounds, we add a carrier wave that is a single-cycle sample straight from the PCB of a 909's kick oscillator. We then add pure sine modulation, analog-modelled soft saturation, digital distortion, and a true random-number-generator for white noise.
The result is a drum module that is both easy to use and incredibly versatile. Watch the overview video below to get an idea of what Neuron sounds like.
- Neuron is a DSP-based module that runs at 48kHz sample rate and 24 bit depth, via a high quality Cirrus-Logic codec
- Two-operator FM synth voice tuned for percussion use
- Carrier waveform is a single-cycle sample of a 909 kick''s main oscillator, taken from the board of a real 909 via a studio-grade Mytek A/D convertor. Tunable from 20Hz to 1kHz
- Modulator waveform is a pure sine wave, tunable from 5Hz to 1kHz
- Two ultra-fast percussion-curved internal envelopes for pitch mod and VCA
- Soft saturation/overdrive and distortion control for hardcore sounds
- Internal noise generator for snare and cymbal sounds
- Trigger input that fires the internal envelopes on a 1V edge detection. Can be triggered up to low audio rates (approx 60Hz)
- Accent and Choke inputs allow further time-based control over the output
- Every control has a CV input that accepts +/-5V. Panel controls are sampled at low audio rates (approximately 35Hz), and have further internal lag processing for smooth parameter changes
- USB port (on the backplane) for easy firmware updates
- High-quality 100% Made In The USA construction, including panel-bolted 100,000-cycle BI potentiometers and custom stamped Rogan knobs
- Power draw is 50ma from the +12V rail and 9ma from the -12V rail. This module has an on-board regulator and does not require +5V. Module width is 12HP. Module depth is 25mm
|Module Type||Voice Module|
|Dimensions (mm)||60 x 60 x 128|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Gifts purchased between 30 November and 24 December may be returned by Friday 6 January 2016”.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS