ParcelForce, FedEx, Royal Mail
Order by phone
The Baron Samedi circuit produces all sorts of extreme fuzz sounds with a fundamentally gated nature. It's easy to think of the pedal as a supernatural harmonic generator of sorts - with a fuzz sound that goes from tame to obnoxious and a row of three extremely interactive knobs, it's easy to dial in a wide range of broken speaker, AM radio, sub-oscillating and scooped mid sounds - and everything in between.
The heart of this module is the same as that of the pedal, so you can nail all the sounds the pedal has to offer. The attenuverter-equipped CV inputs are designed to drag your yet-pristine synth signals into a chaotic, loud and vulgar afterlife.
With modifications that allow it to be used with modular level signals, the Baron Samedi module can act like a waveshaper or a saturator - but add CV and all bets are off. The LIFE CV deepens or flattens the notch of the tone control, the DEATH CV adds PWM-like textural manipulation, going from very quiet to very loud in the process, and the BURIAL CV acts as a gate of sorts. Some extremely unique, somewhat ring modulation-like sounds can be had when feeding audio-range signals into the DEATH and BURIAL CV inputs. It goes without saying that there is a lot of merit in running CV into all three inputs simultaneously for maximum sonic mayhem.
The module would not be complete without a dry/wet blend knob, useful both as a performance tool and to fine tune the amount of textural distortion desired.
- Voodoo: The baron’s volume control
- Rum: Gain knob to determine the degree of distortion. The control range can be adjusted via a trim potentiometer on the circuit board. High settings lead to very harsh results
- Life: Tone control, based on a strange notch filter design. The circuit is well-suited for emphasizing mid or high frequency ranges. Deep roaring self-oscillation is possible as well
- Death: Depending on the position of the other controls, this potentiometer can be used to create gating effects or to thin out the sound
- Burial: This is not a high-pass filter, but it works similarly. At high settings only sporadic crackles are audible
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS