The heart of this module is the same as that of the pedal, so you can nail all the sounds the pedal has to offer. The attenuverter-equipped CV inputs are designed to drag your yet-pristine synth signals into a chaotic, loud and vulgar afterlife.
With modifications that allow it to be used with modular level signals, the Baron Samedi module can act like a waveshaper or a saturator - but add CV and all bets are off. The LIFE CV deepens or flattens the notch of the tone control, the DEATH CV adds PWM-like textural manipulation, going from very quiet to very loud in the process, and the BURIAL CV acts as a gate of sorts. Some extremely unique, somewhat ring modulation-like sounds can be had when feeding audio-range signals into the DEATH and BURIAL CV inputs. It goes without saying that there is a lot of merit in running CV into all three inputs simultaneously for maximum sonic mayhem.
The module would not be complete without a dry/wet blend knob, useful both as a performance tool and to fine tune the amount of textural distortion desired.
Guaranteed to summon harmonics from other worlds, the AFA Baron Samedi encapsulates the vulgarity, the madness and sheer joy of the electric guitar. Whether you're playing mellower brass sounds on a jazz solo from hell, gated faux-bass single-note riffs or all-out scooped mid riffs, this pedal will take every note to the afterlife and back.
Did we just say guitar? For those unafraid to experiment and stand out, the Baron is a devastating effect, live or in the studio, to use on drum machines, synthesisers and bass guitar too.
Hand-built with pride in Bombay, India.
If you're looking for a subtle fuzz that cleans up well when you back off the volume control, you're clearly in the wrong place.
Pit Viper comes equipped with the following control elements:
- Toxicity: Gain potentiometer - Please turn up for heavy distortion.
- Hiss: Tone knob - Turn clockwise to cut the treble.
- Venom: Volume potentiometer
- Fear: Three-stage soft clipping switch - Activates normal soft clipping or a more tube-like version with less treble.
- Malice: Three-stage hard clipping switch - Activates beefy hard clipping or a spongier version with less treble.
- Blend: Dry / Wet potentiometer
- Bite: CV input plus attenuator to cut the high frequency range. Without a cable plugged in, the knob can be used for adjusting the treble manually.
- Saturation: CV input plus attenuator and on/off switch to influence gain and saturation.
- Filter: CV input plus attenuator and on/off switch to control the Viper's VCF circuit.
Via a jumper on the circuit board, users can choose between several filter types:
- Passive clipped low pass
- Unbuffered high pass
- Buffered high pass
- Buffered low pass
Furthermore, there is a trim potentiometer on the circuit board, which can be used to adjust the gain.
PLEASE NOTE: Any scratches on the front panel are part of the Pit Viper's design.
It features controls for Gain, Tone and Volume as well as switches to alter the clipping behaviour.
The cases are made from distressed hand polished aluminium with hand etched graphics, every single one is unique!