Berlin Community Radio announces Incubator programme
The project aims to offer a platform for local up and coming electronic music producers and live acts with a focus on under-represented creative voices.
Under the stewardship of founders Sarah Miles and Anastasia Moser, Berlin Community Radio has truly come a long way since the station was officially launched in late 2013 and can now be viewed alongside NTS as the example to follow for online radio. Speaking with Flora Wong in an interview on Juno Plus that year, the pair said they “felt there are so many inspiring things happening in this city, so many interesting people, projects and platforms, which keep popping up and growing here, they needed a voice and to be represented.” With a current schedule that includes Berlin-based DJs and producers like PLO Man, Laurel Halo and Palms Trax alongside local publications and artists and regular guest spots from visiting selectors, it feels like Berlin Community Radio is doing just that.
The station’s ongoing attempts to foster the artistic community around them continues apace with the announcement of a new project called Incubator. At a time when discourse over under-represented and marginalised creative voices being under-represented in the music industry is at a peak, the Incubator project aims to affect a positive change in Berlin.
A jury that includes the aforementioned BCR founders along with producer rRoxymore, Tabitha Thorlu Bangura of NTS Radio, Discwoman’s Frankie Hutchinson and Truants founder Soraya Brouwer will assess entries for the Incubator open call which runs until April 25. You can download the application form at this link, whilst full details of Incubator criteria and the benefits of entering can be viewed below.
Criteria for applicants:
- Applicants for BCR Incubator must be based in Berlin
- Applicants should have completed a minimum of one track (could be self released on Youtube, Soundcloud or Bandcamp or any other hosting platform)
Incubator project is focused on artists who are underrepresented in the music industry:
- Female identifying
- Artists with immigrant backgrounds
- Other marginalized minorities
The following prizes are up for those that enter the Incubator:
- One month long BCR radio residency
- Perform live at BCR’s Club Of The Month
- Master + Remix + Release your music
- Mentorship program with a BCR affiliated producer of your choice
- Ableton Live 9 full license + individual specialist training
- Access to Handwerk Audio Studio with sound engineer assistance
- Press photoshoot
- International PR and press campaig
- Full promotional campaign across BCR social media channels