Hunee compiles Soichi Terada retrospective for Rush Hour
The work of the Far East Recording artist will be documented on the forthcoming Sounds From The Far East compilation.
Whilst a long mooted debut album from Hun Choi for Rush Hour remains something of a fanciful notion, the artist known as Hunee has been busy on another project for the Amsterdam label that will see the light of day next month. First alluded to in the second issue of Rush Hour’s House of Music periodical, Soichi Terada Presents Sounds From The Far East casts some light on the Far East Recording label Tokyo producer Terada worked with in the early ’90s, whose vinyl and CD output was pressed in highly limited quantities. Sonically, Far East output combined the sound of early ’90s US deep house with naive digital samples redolent of the same era of hip hop.
Working with Soichi Terada, Choi and Rush Hour have pulled together some 13 cuts from the Far East Recording discography for the forthcoming compilation due out in January, brandishing some fine cover art by Red Light Radio’s Orpheu De Jong. Sounds From The Far East largely features productions from Terada himself along with a few archival contributions from fellow Far East artist Shinichiro Yokota. Interestingly, Terada was the producer responsible for Nami Shimada’s crossover hit “Sunshower”, subsequently granted a remix from Larry Levan and later licensed for release by Crème Organization.
Rush Hour will release Soichi Terada Presents Sounds From The Far East in January.
1. Soichi Terada – Saturday Love Sunday
2. Shinichiro Yokota – Do it Again
3. Soichi Terada – Sun Showered
4. Soichi Terada & Manabu Nagayama – Low Tension (Alternative Version)
5. Soichi Terada – Hohai Beats
6. Soichi Terada – Good Morning
7. Soichi Terada – CPM
8. Soichi Terada – Rising Sun Up
9. Shinichiro Yokota – Shake Yours
10. Soichi Terada – Voices From Beyond
11. Soichi Terada – Purple Haze (Edit)
12. Soichi Terada – Binary Rondo
13. Soichi Terada – Into Desert