DJ Sprinkles Stands Still for Mule Musiq
DJ Sprinkles will release a new mix CD entitled Where Dancefloors Stand Still on Japanese imprint Mule Musiq.
One of electronic music’s most intriguing and often outspoken characters, DJ Sprinkles aka Terre Thaemlitz moved to Japan from the US in 2001 and as Resident Advisor report the mix is his own sonic reaction to Japan’s worrying “Fuzoku” laws, which allows Police to enter and raid clubs for the “crime” of dancing. A recent Time Out Tokyo article highlighted how “venues routinely post ‘No dancing’ signs, with some even sending staff onto the floor to ask customers to stop moving to the music,”.
Thaemlitz deeply dug tracklist boasts an esoteric assortment of rarities from a collection of underground ’90s house figures including Fingers Inc, Gene Farris, Lectroluv, Braxton Holmes and Classic Man. Russian deep house producer Alex Danilov and the now defunct MyMy collaboration between Nick Höppner and Lee Jones lend a more contemporary feel to the mix.
Where Dancefloors Stand Still follows a stream of compilations and mixes the cerebral Japanese imprint has released since it began in 2005, which has also released a slew of other Sprinkles missives, including Thaemlitz’s acclaimed Midtown 120 Blues LP. A nine-track 2X12″ vinyl sampler of Where Dancefloors Stand Still will accompany the the 14-track mix CD, which comes off the back off Thaemlitz’s 30 hour long audio-visual mp3 album Soulnessless released last year.
Mule Musiq will release Where Dancefloors Stand Still on March 25.
1. Braxton Holmes – 12 Inches Of Pleasure (Ron’s Foreplay)
2. Alex Danilov – Deep S
3. Sound Mechanix – I Can’t Forget
4. The Rhythm Slaves – The Light You Will See (Trentemoller’s Deep Dub Mix)
5. Lectroluv – If We Try (Ambient Dub)
6. Manoo & François A – The Deep
7. Classic Man – Rapid Winds (75 MPH Mix)
8. Understars – Forestfunk I (No Damkkb Mix)
9. Gene Farris – Good Feeling
10. The Rude Awakening – The Dip (5AM Dipsco Mix)
11. MyMy – Everybody’s Talkin’ (Original Mix)
12. Choo-ables – Hard To Get (BT’s Massive Groove)
13. Fingers Inc. – Never No More Lonely
14. Keys & Tronics Ensemble – Calypso Of House (Paradise Version)