PreSonus roll out Studio One version 2
PreSonus have announced over 100 new features and enhancements to their Studio One software range.
Studio One 2 Professional features integrated Melodyne pitch correction from Celemony – one of the industry’s most popular systems. It also includes transient editing and groove extraction, enabling you to quantize multi-track drums in two steps: track grouping, then quantization. If you need to quantize other audio you can drag and drop it into the groove panel with groove extraction working in the same way – simply extract a groove from any audio and apply it to other audio in seconds.
Studio One 2 Professional also features:
- Improved single and multitrack comping
- Folder tracks with grouping and busing
- Track list with presets and mixing console link
- Content browser with search, user tabs and preview player
- Transient detection and editing
- Drag-and-drop groove extraction
- Multitrack MIDI editing
- Track transform (advanced freezing capability)
- Event-based effects
Plus the following new plug-ins:
- Ampire XT – amplifier modeling
- OpenAIR – hybrid convolution reverb
- Tone Generator – tone generator for analysis and calibration
- Dual Pan – independent stereo panner
- IR Maker – impulse-response creation tool
Also updated are the somewhat stripped back PreSonus Studio One Producer 2 and Studio One Artist 2 packages which will be priced at £159 and £89 respectively. The Studio One Professional 2 will retail at £299. All three should be shipping to retailers on 1 November, so keep a close eye on Juno for their arrival.