Akai AFX DJ Controller
ParcelForce, FedEx, Royal Mail
Expand your creative performance capability with AFX, a versatile 4-deck FX controller for advanced performance using Serato DJ, a powerful software platform for digital DJ'ing. A single USB connection adds over 70 intuitive controls to your DJ setup including intelligent touch-activated knobs, velocity-sensitive pads and backlit buttons. Trigger samples, assign loops and cue points, tweak Serato effects (known as FX), manage DVS modes, automate song edits, and so much more from ultra-responsive, trusted Akai Professional hardware found in studios and stages all over the world. Read on to see what it can bring to your next live performance using Serato DJ.
AFX gives you exhaustive control over the iZotope FX inside Serato DJ. Just plug it in to expand or add controls to any Serato setup. A total of 9 touch-activated knobs unlock all-new FX capabilities - planned or improvised. Assign FX on the fly, tweak their parameters, and layer FX types with tactile, responsive control that incorporates a dramatic "twist" knobs that react to the human touch. In Touch mode, each knob responds to a twist, a touch, or a combination of both. A rotary-push knob and corresponding backlit LCD screen provides easy parameter adjustment and confirmation. For DJs adding FX controls to a Serato NoiseMAP setup (timecode vinyl), AFX even provides DVS-mode switching, keeping your interaction with the computer trackpad or mouse at a minimum.
Eight velocity-sensitive trigger pads get the ideas in your head to the tips of your fingers. With 10 pad modes, AFX gives you ample freedom to trigger samples, manage loops, assign hot-cues, and slice tracks. With backlit RGB feedback, you will always know which mode you have selected in addition to real-time pad performance feedback. Akai Professional knows pads - the iconic MPC line is a staple for producing electronic music using pad-oriented sample-triggering - and responds to each press, tap, or slam as musically as possible. From the AFX, DJs can construct (or deconstruct) entire performances from the pads, taking creativity to a whole new level.
AFX has deep integration with Serato DJ's Flip Expansion Pack. Flip allows you to record your cue point and censor actions which can be saved and looped, ready to re-trigger and start in an instant. Use Serato Flip to create and save up to 6 Flips per track, ready for playback in the studio or the club. Flip can be used to create and play back custom song edits ranging from extended intros/outtros, breakdowns, making beats, skipping verses or choruses, and creating clean edits of songs. Even more, AFX includes Serato's Backpack FX Expansion pack to give your sets a boost using a dub collection of analog-style effects - echo's, loopers, filters, and time stretch.
- Provides extensive hands-on audio command of Serato DJ
- Tweak effects, manage loops, trigger samples, set cue points, and more
- Serato Flip-capable - create custom edits, extend your music or re-imagine it altogether in the studio or club (download included)
- Adds additional control options to any Serato DJ setup including DVS and HID players
- 4 decks of Serato DJ control over a single USB connection
- 9 touch-activated knobs for groundbreaking effects tweaking and EQ kills
- 8 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with backlit RGB feedback
- 10 pad modes for hot cues, loops, slicing, and sample triggering
- Instant, tactile DVS mode switching: Absolute, Relative and Internal
- Endless Controller with LED timeline for instant access to any point in the track
- Endless Controller doubles as pitch bend and macro effects control
- Backlit digital display provides feedback of parameter values
- Low-profile, portable design compliments any setup, anywhere
|Controls||Buttons, pads, rotary knobs, touch slider|
|Dimensions (mm)||271 x 42 x 134|
|Power Supply||USB Bus Powered|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Gifts purchased between 30 November and 24 December may be returned by Friday 6 January 2016”.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Record Store 2007 / 2008 / 2009
Best Music Outlet 2010, 2012